What is the thing used under a sentence in a conlang that looks sort of like this: NOM-he.F-PAST said.F-PAST called? I know I probably used it completely wrong in that example, but what is this called, and how does it work? Thanks in advance.

1 Answer 1


The thing is called a gloss. There is a widely used standard for such glosses, the Leipzig glossing rules.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.